[Hiring] Site Reliability Engineer, Angani Limited
October 14th, 2014 by phares
Nairobi,Kenya Job ID: 0004, 16.10.14
Angani is an established cloud services provider in the East African region. We provide virtual machines, storage, networking and managed services. In this role you will have the chance to join a fast-paced and growing startup and develop with it. You will be responsible for helping build out our virtualization platform.
You can expect to:
- Be trained on, use and leverage state-of-the-art technologies
- Forge the path in localizing and modifying these technologies for the East African technical, social and legal environment
- Develop and deploy unique solutions to client needs
- Interact with and contribute to open source communities around the world
- Work in a team to scale technical infrastructure up and out
- Relevant training or experience in Enterprise Systems and/or Network Administration (UNIX/Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, CCIE, CCNP etc).
- Fluent English language skills: written and spoken.
- Ability to quickly and learn new technical material and apply it
- Ability to work in a logical and self-directed manner
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Support, helpdesk and troubleshooting experience
- Experience and knowledge of Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Xen, KVM, Hyper-V)
- Understanding of specific cloud services and technologies.
- Experience in programming and/or scripting (Java, Scala, Python, PHP, bash, Perl)
- Experience in Networking (IPSec, DNS, BGP, IPv6)
- Experience in Storage (RAID, JBOD, NAS, SAN)
Apply using our online portal http://jobs.angani.co and we will be in touch soon.